Your Primary Care Physician
Your primary care physician, or PCP, is the doctor who is most familiar with your health history and who coordinates your health care. Your PCP will provide the appropriate services or referrals to other plan providers. Within the Community Care Health Plan network we have over 1,200 physicians and nurse practitioners who are a part of Santé Community Physicians, central California’s Premier Group of physicians and healthcare providers, from which you can choose your PCP. You also have access to hospitals, specialty care and urgent care centers from the providers affiliated with our network.
Your PCP is your partner in health. Here are some things to keep in mind when seeking care from your PCP:
- Make sure to tell your PCP about your complete health history, as well as any current treatments, medical conditions, presprciptions you are taking and other doctors who are treating you.
- If you’ve never been seen by your PCP, you should make an appointment for an intital visit. If you’ve a more urgent need, don’t wait until your intitial visit to see your PCP.
- You can contact your PCPs office 24 hours a day. If your PCP is not available or if it’s after regular office hours, a message will be taken and you‘ll receive a call back.
- If you‘re unable to reach your PCP, please call Communtiy Care Health Plan customer service at 1-855-343-CCHP (2247).
Step #2: Choose
Once you select a PCP, email
or call Communtiy Care Health Plan customer service at 1-855-343-CCHP (2247). In most cases, the change will be effective the first day of the following month.
Things to bring with you to your first appointment
- Your member ID card
- Any medical records
- A list of medications you are taking
- A list of questions you’d like to ask your doctor