Your Primary Care Physician
Here are some things to keep in mind when seeking care from your PCP:
- Make sure to tell your PCP about your complete health history, as well as any current treatments, medical conditions, presprciptions you are taking and other doctors who are treating you.
- If you’ve never been seen by your PCP, you should make an appointment for an initial visit. If you’ve a more urgent need, don’t wait until your initial visit to see your PCP.
- You can contact your PCPs office 24 hours a day. If your PCP is not available or if it’s after regular office hours, a message will be taken and you‘ll receive a call back.
- If you‘re unable to reach your PCP, please call Community Care Health customer service at 1-855-343-CCHP (2247).
To Choose a PCP:
Step #2: Choose
Once you select a PCP, email or call Community Care Health customer service at 1-855-343-CCHP (2247). In most cases, the change will be effective the first day of the following month.
Things to bring with you to your first appointment
- Your member ID card
- Any medical records
- A list of medications you are taking
- A list of questions you’d like to ask your doctor