Patient Access API Access Guide
Patient Access API is a secured and public-facing API needed to meet CMS interoperability requirements and is built according to the Implementation guides. Authentication is required for any user to use the API.
Clinical Data: US Core FHIR R4 Implementation Guide 3.1.1, FHIR Version 4.0.1.
Claims & EOB Data: FHIR Version 4.0.1.
This API allows you to help customers by making information about patients easily accessible. It encourages consistency around how data access is accomplished between healthcare systems within and across organizations. This API also encourages consistency around what data is accessed and consistency around security standards.
By utilizing an approved Patient Access API applications, providers and customers are enabled to do the following:
- Use search parameters to filter practitioners by specialty, role and/or location
- Use search parameters to filter patient data by name, ID, address, gender
- Lookup patient medications, immunizations, diagnostic reports, conditions
- Find patients by type of observation (smoking status, vital signs, lab results, BMI for Age, height and weight)
- Lookup patients by location, encounter or procedures during hospitalization
- Retrieve patient’s claims & encounter data
To gain access to third party applications, and request third party application client credentials, first need to create account using http:
Part of the third-party application registration process includes requesting client credentials. The OAuth2 Authorization Server provides necessary details for establishing secure communication with the third-party application.
The FHIR base server URL for the live response production environment is: https://hdsworkspacedmzprodwus2-healthcomp.fhir.azurehealthcareapis.com
The live response production environment capability statement is available here: https://hdsworkspacedmzprodwus2-healthcomp.fhir.azurehealthcareapis.com/metadata.
The demo capability statement is available here: https://hdsworkspacedmzprodwus2-healthcomp.fhir.azurehealthcareapis.com/metadata.